- Dental Services
- Why Florida Smiles Dental?
- Contact Us
Your smile says a lot about you! It’s the first impression you make on someone, and it shows how confident you are. A smile that you are ashamed of can really hurt your self-esteem, as well as limit your opportunities. Advancements in technology have now made it possible for almost anyone to receive dental implants and regain their confidence with a perfect smile.
Whether you have lost your teeth in an accident, from tooth decay, or periodontal disease, you may be a candidate for dental implants. Ideal patients are generally healthy, and have adequate bone structure to support the implants. You no longer have to suffer with ill-fitting dentures; dental implants are securely fastened to the jawbone, making them feel much more like natural teeth. They restore chewing function, enabling you to eat whatever you like, and you will be able to converse with others in close proximity without any insecurity.
The dental implant itself is a titanium screw that replaces the root of the tooth. Titanium biochemically bonds to the surrounding jawbone. A post is in inserted into the implant, and a crown is then permanently fixed to the post. The dental implant looks and functions just like a natural tooth.
· Dental implants make no impact to surrounding natural teeth, as in the case of bridgework. Natural teeth are kept fully intact, not ground down to accommodate a bridge.
· Individual implants allow more access in between teeth, resulting in easier and improved oral hygiene.
· A titanium screw that actually adheres to the existing bone helps maintain the natural bone structure in your jaw and face. There will be no ‘caved in’ appearance from diminishing bone when you have dental implants.
· Dental implants can last over 30 years, and with proper oral hygiene and care, they can last a lifetime!
· Dental implants can now also be used to anchor partial or full dentures. This stops dentures from slipping, and causing pain and irritation associated with ‘floating.’
Dr. Peter Scerbo and his skillful team at Florida Smiles Dental in Fort Lauderdale utilize state of the art techniques and the most advanced technology to create exceptional results with minimal discomfort. Any discomfort associated with this procedure would be similar to having a cavity filled. Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way, providing patients with more choices than ever before!
When selecting a dentist, it is important to evaluate skill level, experience and credentials. Dr. Peter Scerbo has been practicing dentistry for over ten years. His expertise has earned him the reputation of being one of the top dentists in Fort Lauderdale, specializing in several areas of dentistry. He has built an extensive network of clients, and has been the recipient of countless testimonials and referrals. Call (954) 523-6525 for a consultation today with Dr. Peter Scerbo, to see if you are a candidate for dental implants. Dr. Peter Scerbo and his team of dental professionals can’t wait to welcome you and restore your radiant smile!