LANAP, or Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, is an innovative new form of gum disease treatment where bacteria and diseased tissue can be removed without the use of a blade. Millions of Americans suffer from gum disease each year but very few receive treatment. This is partly because they fear the negative side effects involved. However, with LANAP there is no cutting or stitching involved. Patients can receive gum disease treatment without the pain and discomfort that is often associated with the procedure.
LANAP offers several benefits over traditional gum disease treatment. These include:
• Less pain – Because there is no cutting or stitching of the tissue involved, patients experience less pain and discomfort than with traditional gum disease treatment.
• Shorter recovery period – LANAP is less invasive than traditional gum disease treatment and so there is less time required for healing.
• Less downtime – There is rarely a need for post operative pain medication. This means that patients can continue with their daily routine that very same day.
• Less recession of the gum line – Because only diseased tissue is removed from the area, there is plenty of gum tissue left over. This means there is very little to no recession of the gum line.
• Less bleeding – With LANAP we can use a laser to help create a blood clot and control the bleeding. This means that there is less blood and a smaller risk of complication than with traditional gum disease treatment.
• Promotion of bone and tissue regeneration – LANAP is the only procedure that is proven to help regenerate bone and tissue regrowth. This means that we can often save teeth that would normally need to be removed.