BEYOND A PERFECT SMILE: WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT A COSMETIC DENTIST IN LIGHTHOUSE POINT
Have you ever heard the expression “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile?” This is quite true, and for many reasons beyond pure aesthetics. Of course, for some people, their smile is one of their greatest physical assets. Surely, you have heard someone opine about the friend who “has the prettiest smile.” Unfortunately, some people have their smiles marred by discolored, chipped, broken, missing or misaligned teeth. People with unsightly teeth often spend a great deal of their time trying to hide them, by either not smiling or covering their mouths when they speak.
A Visit to Our Cosmetic Dentist Can Significantly Improve Your Health
Achieving a winning smile is a great reason to pursue cosmetic dentistry, and is perhaps the most obvious one. However, another important factor to consider when improving the appearance of misaligned, damaged, or missing teeth with cosmetic dentistry is the benefit to your overall health. According to our cosmetic dentist in Lighthouse Point, crooked, misaligned teeth – also known as malocclusions – can directly impact your oral health. People who suffer from malocclusions can experience distorted facial shaping that in turn lead to problems with chewing and speaking. Having crowded, overlapping teeth also means that brushing and flossing can be difficult – if not near impossible. All of this can lead to an increase in tooth decay and gum disease and a decrease in the state of your overall health. In fact, having gum disease has been repeatedly proven to contribute to greater risks of heart attack and stroke.
What Other Health Problems Can Be Caused by Crooked Teeth?
- Misaligned teeth can also cause jaw pain in the temporomandibular joint, or TMJ disorder. TMJ itself can often bring on other health problems such as jaw misalignment, which can lead to severe headaches and hearing problems.
- If you have missing or broken teeth, you may not be chewing your food properly, which is the first step in the digestion process. When chewing is chronically incomplete, you can develop an increased risk of ulcers, heartburn, or gastroesophageal reflux disease (also known as GERD.)
- Dental problems can have a hugely negative impact on a person’s mental well-being – not to mention plummeting self-esteem. People with ongoing dental issues simply cannot live life to its fullest because they are self-conscious about their appearance and often remove themselves from social interactions and activities.
Consult Our Top-Rated Cosmetic Dentists in Lighthouse Point to Improve Your Overall Outlook on Life
Our oral health team is proud to offer the revolutionary Invisalign system to straighten crooked or crowded teeth. At Florida Smiles Dental we successfully use Invisalign treatment for many different kinds of cases. Some patients have had crooked teeth since they were children but never had the classic braces experience so many of us have during adolescence. Others have had braces but have noticed their teeth becoming crooked or moving as they age. Yet the idea of going through the process of noticeable, painful metal braces again may not seem worth the time or trouble. That’s why Invisalign’s remarkable tooth-straightening system is so popular with our patients. Invisalign makes straightening your teeth far more comfortable and much less invasive – you can finally achieve the smile you’ve always wanted!
How Does Invisalign Work?
- Invisalign uses a series of removable, clear, plastic aligners to effortlessly straighten your teeth. Each set is simply worn for two weeks at a time, at which point another set of aligners is worn until your teeth are fully and properly aligned.
- Because Invisalign aligners are removable, eating is just like normal. You simply take out the aligners, enjoy whatever foods you wish, rinse your mouth, and put them back in!
- Brushing and flossing are as easy as before your Invisalign treatment began! Simply remove and rinse your aligners, use your preferred toothbrush and floss to thorough cleaning – then put the aligners back in. The Invisalign system truly is no hassle!
- There are no wires and brackets and thus no irritating sore spots on your cheeks and gums. Invisalign’s smooth plastic aligners offer the utmost in comfort, with nothing sharp to dig into your mouth. They are a breeze to just pop over your teeth and go about your day!
- Invisalign Teen uses the same removable, clear aligners to improve widely-spaced or overly-crowded teeth as well as crossbite, overbite, and underbite. Teenagers love that straightening their teeth is nearly invisible thanks to Invisalign Teen. No more eating, sports-related, or instrument-playing challenges!
5-Star-Rated Lighthouse Point Cosmetic Dentists Also Improve Your Health with Dental Implant Technology
There are times when a tooth or teeth just cannot be saved, or are missing. A dental bridge has to rely on at least one healthy tooth on either side of the missing one to support an artificial tooth. The more teeth are missing, the more adjacent teeth are needed to support the missing ones. The healthy teeth are smoothed and capped with a new tooth (or teeth) in between. If the teeth are simply not healthy enough to support a bridge, Florida Smiles Dental is pleased to to be able to offer dental implants as a great solution. A steel rod is professionally and delicately inserted into the jawbone and the rod is accepted by the gums and jaw just as if it had always been there. At subsequent appointments, your new, completely natural-looking replacement teeth will be fixed in place. Once your implant procedure is complete, your new teeth will look and act just like natural ones. You can eat whatever you like, and dental care is just as easy and convenient as before the implants.
Are You Ready to Take an Important Step Towards Better Health?
Our cosmetic dentist in Lighthouse Point can help! Take advantage of our $89 New Patient Special at Florida Smiles Dental in our Lighthouse Point location to start you on a journey toward a beautiful, healthy new smile. We invite you to call 954.906.7891 or visit us online by clicking here to set up a consultation.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other dental or orthodontic topics, feel free to contact Florida Smiles Dental, with a convenient dental and orthodontic office in Lighthouse Point, FL, by calling 954.906.7891 or by clicking here .