FORT LAUDERDALE DENTAL PRACTICE FOR ALL YOUR DENTAL NEEDS
Basic dental hygiene at home can prevent future problems.
Basic dental care involves brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, seeing your dentist and/or dental hygienist for regular checkups and cleanings, and eating a mouth-healthy diet, which means foods high in whole grains, vegetables and fruits, and dairy products.
It is very important to maintain basic dental care for the following reasons:
- Prevents tooth decay.
- Prevents gum (periodontal) disease, which can damage gum tissue and the bones that support teeth, and in the long term can lead to the loss of teeth.
- Shortens time with the dentist and dental hygienist, and makes the trip more pleasant.
- Saves money. By preventing tooth decay and gum disease, you can reduce the need for fillings and other costly procedures.
- Helps prevent bad breath. Brushing and flossing rid your mouth of the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Helps keep teeth white by preventing staining from food, drinks, and tobacco.
- Improves overall health.
- Makes it possible for your teeth to last a lifetime.
Basic dental care can help avoid dental problems. Basic dental care involves:
- Keeping your teeth and gums healthy requires good nutrition and regular brushing and flossing.
- Brush your teeth twice a day-in the morning and before bed-and floss once a day. This removes plaque, which can lead to damaged teeth, gums, and surrounding bone.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride, which helps prevent tooth decay and cavities. Ask your dentist if you need a mouthwash that contains fluoride or one with ingredients that fight plaque. Look for toothpastes that have been approved by the American Dental Association.
- Avoid foods that contain a lot of sugar. Sugar helps plaque grow.
- Avoid using tobacco products, which can cause gum disease and oral cancer. Exposure to tobacco smoke (secondhand smoke) also may cause gum disease as well as other health problems.1
- Practice tongue cleaning. You can use a tongue cleaner or a soft-bristle toothbrush, stroking in a back-to-front direction. Tongue cleaning is particularly important for people who smoke or whose tongues are coated or deeply grooved.
- Schedule regular trips to the dentist based on how often you need exams and cleaning.
Florida Smiles Dental in Fort Lauderdale can make sure your dental health is maintained.
During a regular checkup, the dentists at Florida Smiles Dental will check your teeth for any signs of damage or decay and treat cavities with natural-colored fillings when it’s necessary. The team at Florida Smiles Dental is ready to help you protect your smile at your general dentistry appointment.
After the exam, our registered dental hygienists will perform a deep teeth cleaning. This will remove plaque and tartar buildup from your enamel so that you have a lesser chance of developing harmful gum disease. We will also go over dental hygiene basics with you to remind you of important health tips to remember during your daily routine. We’ll work with you to help you stay healthy!
Every member of your family, young and old alike can find the services they need at Florida Smiles Dental in Ft. Lauderdale. We are conveniently located at 255 SE 14th Street #1a, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316. Contact us today at (954) 504-9758 to schedule an appointment.